Monday, March 7, 2011

Midterms

Sean starts his midterms today! He takes his BioChem midterm today, then has Histology on Wednesday and Anatomy on Friday. I can't believe that he's already halfway through the term. In just another 2 months, he'll be taking his finals (and we'll be having a baby!), then 2 months after that, we'll be back in Utah! Crazy!!!

Sean has been working so hard and studying like crazy, especially these past few weeks in preparation for his midterms. He leaves for campus around 7 am for labs/lectures/studying, then usually comes home for dinner around 7 pm before it's back to the books for a few more hours of studying before bed. And that's just during the week--his weekends are full of even more studying!!!

The 2 desks that came with our apartment are both pretty small, so Sean has taken over the kitchen table so he has some room to spread out. He also likes things quiet when he studies, which is sometimes hard for me to remember--I apparently have a tendency to start telling him stories and asking him questions when he's home and have to be reminded that he's studying :) (he even asked me to go eat my cereal in the other room the other day because apparently the crunching was too loud for him to concentrate, haha). But what does he expect when I only see him for a couple of hours in the evenings--I've got to get it all out while I can! :)

Needless to say, I think we are both looking forward to this week being over. I don't know what we'll do with ourselves this weekend when Sean doesn't have to study. Probably we'll go see some of the things we've been wanting to, but haven't been able to yet. And who knows, maybe I'll be able to eat my cereal at the kitchen table...

Good luck Sean! I'm so proud of all of your hard work! You'll do great!!!

4 comments:

McKenzie... said...

Ha ha this was quite funny! I hope you have started training the baby while in the whomb that he needs to have a mute button on while his daddy studies. That's crazy Sean has mid-terms already. Good luck Sean!!! Go do lots of fun things this weekend and celebrate! Love ya guys

LeeAnne said...

Oh Amberlea....I really can't see Sean telling you that your cereal eating is too loud, haha! McKenzie is right, you better start training that little guy to be really quiet while Daddy studies! Love Ya!

Courtney said...

Hurray for your blog! I just found it. Anyway, looks like you're having fun across the Atlantic, even though you're not here witnessing me coming out of soccer retirement. It should be pretty interesting.

Have the baby already.

Amberlea said...

Courtney! I'm so sad I am missing such a momentous occasion! Maybe one day I'll get to that point...